Community Events & Festivals
Kingston hosts many festivals and special events throughout the year that are popular with local residents and attract visitors from other communities. Activities range from community fun runs and triathlons to festivals that stretch over several days and numerous locations.
Every year, Kingston celebrates its role as the first capital city of Canada with a First Capital Day festival of special events and activities. Another popular event, especially with families, is the annual Kingston Buskers Rendezvous, featuring jugglers, acrobats, musicians, magicians and other performers who take to the downtown streets for four days in early July.
Examples of other festivals and events in Kingston include:
- Limestone City Blues Festival: A four-day summer festival featuring the best blues performers.
- Kingston Sheep Dog Trials: A three-day summer competition involving North American dog handlers and their dogs.
- Kingston Dragon Boat Festival: A one-day festival and fundraiser for a local organization.
- Febfest: A five-day winter festival featuring hockey tournaments, free public skating, figure skating demonstrations and food.
- Kiwanis Music Festival: A three-week non-competitive music festival in which amateur musicians of all ages perform for professional adjudicators.
- Kingston Canadian Film Festival: A four-day festival celebrating Canadian film and filmmakers.
- Reelout: A week-long event featuring the best queer films and videos.
- Leisure Showcase: Community organizations get together under one roof twice a year to demonstrate the different ways people can get fit, have fun and be active.
- Canadian Olympic Training Regatta (CORK): A week-long international sailing regatta held every year at Portsmouth Olympic Harbour.
Information about the special events and festivals in Kingston is available from the City of Kingston and Kingston Economic Development Corporation websites.
For More Information
City of Kingston Events Calendar
A list of special events hosted by the city of Kingston. Includes date, time, location and a brief description. Also lists City council and committee meetings.
Kingston Festivals and Events
A directory of festivals and events in Kingston, including dates and a brief description. Website included if applicable.
Kiwanis Music Festival, Kingston
An annual music festival in which performers of all ages are judged by adjudicators. Categories include piano, voice, wind, strings, ensembles, choirs, band, guitar, speech arts and drama, and folk singing.
A Canada-wide movement to raise awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of all Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities. Events and activities take place annually over the last week of September. Find out what will be happening in Kingston!
An annual event to encourage and promote cycling as a viable and environmentally friendly transportation option for commuting within Kingston. Featuring the famous “roll-in breakfasts,” events highlighting the joys and health benefits of cycling occur throughout the week and wrap up with closing ceremonies.
Kingston Multicultural Arts Festival
A yearly event hosted every fall by the Kingston Immigration Partnership’s (KIP’s) Multicultural Roundtable
. The event features live music, dance groups, vendors, food, workshops, and demonstrations from around the world. Entertainment and fun activities for the whole family. There are also opportunities to volunteer.
Downtown Kingston! — Events Calendar
A calendar of major festivals and celebrations as well as community events held in downtown Kingston. Includes anything from street performing, live music, and food tasting, to sailing and boat competitions, and fireworks. This site also includes links to the event calendars for the K-Rock Centre and the Grand Theatre.
KCHC Local Calendar of Events
Find out what’s happening locally on the Kingston Community Health Centre (KCHC) calendar. Includes Immigrant Services Kingston and Area (ISKA) and Kingston Immigration Partnership (KIP) events.